Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Experimental Animation

Eyeworks Festival: Funky Figures from Eyeworks Festival on Vimeo.

I'm getting together visuals for my time based media class. We're looking at experimental animation this week. These 3 in particular caught my eye. The first from Oskar Fischinger, made in 1938!! The oldest example I could find. It's really beautiful and so interesting as well to see how it was made. The second from the Eyeworks Festival vimeo channel - a lovely mix of different styles, textures etc. The final one is was created for a Jon Hopkins performance. He's amazing!! I had the pleasure of seeing one of his shows in London about a year ago now, so inspiring.

All of this is really making me want to spend more time creating! All my time is spent planning lessons etc these days.

No comments :